Tuesday, September 16, 2008

LiveYourLife

My weekend at home was short...but nice. Got to spend some QT with a lot of people. he has the same birthday as his dad!


oh farhad.

Our house isn't exactly at its full potential yet...but it's getting there. We just need to unpack the rest of the the boxes in the living room, actually set up our washer and dryer, and get new curtains. Other than that, it's pretty great. Here's pictures of the outside/views from the ferry haha. I'll put up pictures of the inside when it's all fixed up.


Now let me tell you what I have planned out for tomorrow. First thing I'm going to do is go to the store to get water and toothpaste. Then to the ARC because I haven't been there in close to 2 weeks and that is definitely a problem. While I'm at the ARC, I'll pick up my paycheck...which won't be as big as the recent ones since summer camps ended a long time ago...but it should still be enough to pay utility bills. After that, I'll come back and look for job on the island. There's a help wanted sign at the candy store I wanted to work at so maybe they'll hire me. Then I have to finish the little worksheet CHOC (Children's Hospital of Orange) sent me since volunteer orientation is tomorrow. I'm excited to work with the kids. It's a little far but I'm sure it'll be worth it. I should probably continuing studying for the GRE's tomorrow since I'm taking them in less than 2 weeks. Oh yea, I also need to buy a desk for under $50. No wait, under $35.

Oh shit I forgot to document my newest Kobe encounter in my last post. So I shall do it now. So I was working men's soccer practice last week and Kobe was in our training room yet again. Next thing I know he's walking out on the field with Ryan, one of our asst. basketball coaches, to get to the track. So I'm sitting there...watching them practice and helping them shag balls cause I'm so damn bored. I get up to get one and kick it back to one of the goals they're doing drills at. I turn back to walk toward my little golf cart and

Kobe says: "Niiice one."
Me: "Thaanks. :)"
Kobe: "Like Beckham."
Me: "Haha, yeaa right."
Kobe: "It was Beckham-esque."

Then I laugh, he laughes, and he's on his way. Later on, I have to go inside the training room to get a shark for the guys. I walk in, and he's sitting at one of the tables, getting ready to ice. This is when he calls me "Beckhams." Okay that's all. It was great.

No comments: